T cell count

Dear Dr., you recently stated that T cell count in most people will fall, did you mean even in people with medication. I mean if that is the trend after only 6 years of therapy the reality is that these new drugs most likely will not allow aids victims to live 10-20 years. Am I correct in this or is there something I am missing?

I didn't answer the original question, but for sake of clarification, T cell (CD4 cells) counts will usually decline- this refers to persons not on antiretroviral therapies.

For persons on effective treatment, CD4 cell count should rise-- eventually (hopefully) reaching normal levels. Assuming that therapies are well taken with high levels of adherence, this should last for a very long time-- how long depends a lot on the adherence, and side effect and toxicity profile of the medications.

Hope this helps- BY

prognosis
Is my herbal treatment working?