|Do I need any treatment now???
Oct 29, 2002
| Response from Dr. Young
The decision about when to start is complicated, and I doubt I can do complete justice to your situation on the basis of the limited information that you've included here.
Nevertheless, assuming that you have no HIV-related symptoms, most clinicians would probably not start treatment yet, but would watch very closely. The key advice in this is to make sure that you continue to get periodic (every 3-4 months) clinical and laboratory monitoring of how you are doing.
This would also be a very good time to do preventive medicine, like influenza and pneumonia vaccinations, perhaps hepatitis virus vaccinations too. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.