Alternative Therapy

Hi Dr, I have been taking GINSENG with a pretty comprehensive dose of vitamins and minterals for the last three months. My tcell count at diagnosis started at initially tcell 550 and vl 35,000 in Feb 02, July tcell-501, vl 115,000 and last week tcell 650 vl 101,000. With the surprising tcell rise would you suggest to wait and see where the tcell count is going? Also, do you think that the alternative approach has any bearings on the improved Tcell count? Thanks for whatever advice you can offer, thanks.

Thanks for your question.

I'm not sure if the changes in your CD4 absolute count reflect meaningful changes. Firstly, it would be useful to look at your CD4 percentages-- since all of your CD4 absolute counts are within the normal range, one might speculate that there might not necessarily be any large variation in percentage. If this were true, then there wouldn't be any trend to attribute to treatment.

To my knowledge, there have not been any well designed trials that have shown benefit with the use of ginsing in persons with HIV infection. -BY

what meds and when
Is my Treatment working?