Colloidal Silver?

hey dr. cohen what's with this Colloidal Silver? is this stuff for real? is it still being studied, or already known to not do much. have any credible testimonies or sources in general reported good things about it in combatting hiv?

Response from Dr. Cohen

This is an old formula that I recall dates from the 30's. I have not seen anything at any scientific HIV meeting to support any claim for use in people with HIV infection. So I'd for now take a pass on any claim you read since anyone can say anything on the 'net you know... and not all of what you can read and find is accurate. Some of it is actually a whole lotta bunk and fantasy.

Sadly your job is to decide how you figure out which collection of writings are accurate. So what I use here - and what this site represents -- are a collection of very informed physicians/clinicians who go to all of the HIV meetings and scour the walls for hints of benefits whereever we can find them. Including any info that would support why a neglected compound like colloidal silver would do you some good.

But so far, I've not seen it. Nor have the colleagues I know. But we'll keep looking, just in case there's some real info on there to suggest it is worth your dollar...

CD4 and CD4/CD8 ratio
just give an estimate already!