Oct 23, 2002
I've been poz for 1 yr, 53, not on meds, feeling pretty good providing I get plenty of rest, don't have any current numbers to give you and my question is about flu and pneumonia shots. Are they absolutely necesary? I live in the north and mostly in a country setting. Thanks for you help.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question.
Most major groups recommend both influenza and pneumococcal vaccinations for persons with HIV infection. In practice, nearly all of the patients in our clinic have received both vaccinations. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Someone Get HIV From Blood Splash?
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sucking Breast?
- Can You Catch HIV From Masturbation With Saliva?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV?
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Sex With Hooker Condom Broke
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Vaginal Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.