weight

Dear doctors, I watched Discovery Channel about training the astranaut. It said that people's weight (not mass) can double when sitting in a spinning-like simple machine. I imagine that when the infected cell weight is doubled, it is more likely to die than the normal cell as rotted apple is easier to break than a good apple. AS I was told, if the infected cell die a bit quicker, the HIV will not have enough time to replicate. I guess if HIV+ people can get hour's astranaut training every day, they may have some surprising benefit. Have scientist done these kind of research? Thank you, Mark

Response from Dr. Boyle

I am unaware of any research in this area. Unfortunately, what seems possible in theory is not the case in reality. The forces you're describing do not have that much effect on the individual cells of the body and are extraordinarily unlikely to have any significant impact on the cells infected with HIV.

Advice re Unusual Case
Is my husband really HIV positive?