Oct 17, 2002
Is Epivir now available once-daily in the US? I read about but haven't been able to get it...
I don't understand the dosage - why would Epivir be taken previously one 150 mg pill twice a day, for a total of 300 mg--and now two 300 mg pills once a day, for a total of 600mg?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question.
Lamivudine (Epivir) is approved by the US FDA and the European drug agency to be taken once daily. The total daily dose is the same when taken twice- or once-daily. Hence, the dose should be 300 mg once-daily.
The current formulation of lamivudine in the US is the 150 mg tablet that you're use to taking. You'd therefore take two, 150 mg tablets.
In Europe, and hopefully soon in the US, a 300 mg tablet is available.
Hope this clarifies things for you. -BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch After Condom Leak Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.