dave, ya tip-toed..

doc dave, come on, i know you can give a more specific answer to my question than that. put it this way... two scenarios: a person gives a man a blow job and gets semen in his or her mouth (throat etc) and the semen contains hiv infected fluid vs. a man puts his circumcized and ulcerless penis inside an hiv positive female's vagina. who is more likely to become infected? this is not "who would win between superman and hulk" because based on statistics there should be an educated estimate. remember that the main reasons for woman to man being low risk in the united states is because the usual circumcision and absence of stds that create penile ulcers. just please, i need to see an opinion on this from a professional. forget what the gay community would like to hear, and just say the truth. the truth shall set you free! ok that was a little dramatic. but where are those cahones i was talkin' about?

You and I both know this is a question for which any answer is really a guess. Based on the fact that there are 28 million people in Africa with HIV and half are women, that a recent study in Uganda demonstrated HIV negative women were just as efficient in transmitting the virus to their previously uninfected partners as men were and the studies we discussed looking at risk of oral sex I'd have to say sex with an HIV infected women would be riskier.

That's my guess. Hope it helps. Of course, playing the odds is a losing strategy when it comes to unsafe sex. DW

Hard and early V Wait and see
Epivir once-daily