Switch from Rescriptor to Viramune?

I recently discontinued Sustiva because of psychological problems it was causing (VL<50, T-Cells high 500's). My physician substituted Rescriptor for the Sustiva, and continued my previous Nuke regimen of Combavir. Now I am experiencing night sweats, fevers and chills. I previously had taken Viramune, along with Combavir, for approximately 4 years, with good results, but gave up the Viramune because of lipodystrophy concerns. If my regimen is failing because of the Rescriptor, can I resume treatment with Viramune, or have I developed resistance to this entire class? I have never taken a P.I. Thank you so much for your attention to this question.

Response from Dr. Boyle

With the information you provide, it's tough to know whether the NNRTI class is blown of not. If you are still <50 on the Rescriptor-Combivir regimen, and have remained so throughout your treatment, it may be possible to switch back to Viramune. If not, then you should be careful of such a switch since resistance may have developed to part of the regimen, including the NNRTI.

CD4/CD8 ratio and CD4
how does pressure on fusion