Oct 9, 2002
Will Atazanavir not cause lipo as have other PI's? What about Tripranavir? Do you think we can create combo's that do not cause lipo?
Response from Dr. Boyle
That is one of the most important questions we're currently confronting regarding HIV therapy. Unfortunately, at this point we don't have an answer, although some studies indicate that the risk of lipodystrophy is lower in non-nucleoside regimens than in protease inhibitor regimens. As far as atazanavir and tipranavir, we do not have enough information yet to know one way or the other.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coconut Oil Benefits For Neuropathy
- How Often After Infected Does An Hiv Test Show You Been Infected?
- How Long Does Hepatitis B Stay In Your Body?
- Is Thrush In The Mouth Catchy?
- Odds Of Contracting Hiv After Having Unprotected Sex Twice
- How Many Times Can You Use The Needle For Finger Prick Test With Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.