HIV in other Parts of Body

Dear Dr,

I am HIV+ and I have a question regarding whereabouts in my body the virus is present.I have read that only a small of the virus is in the bloodstream. My question is 'would the virus be present in ALL my bodies lymphnodes or just in some and would virus be present in the lymph nodes even when they are not swollen'.i.e in the absence of Meds if you tested any of the lymph nodes of a HIV+ person would you find HIV present?

Many Thanks

Thanks for your question.

To clarify things a bit-- the amount of HIV circulating in the blood of an untreated individual represents only a small proportion of the total amount of virus in the body. Virtually all (if not all) lymph nodes are indeed infected-- this "organ" is thought to represent the majority of the virus in the body. -BY

pml
recreational drugs....