Sep 22, 2002
what is tenofovir?
Response from Dr. Young
Tenofovir is the most recently approved medications for the treatment of HIV. The drug is marketed under the name "Viread" by the company Gilead. Tenofovir is a nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor and is chemically related, though distinct from other nucleoSide RT inhibitors.
Recent studies have shown excellent performance of the drug in combination with other medications for HIV infected persons who are either treatment naive or treatment experienced.
Significantly, the drug appears to have little short term side effects or complications and is a one pill per day medication. -BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Yellow Discharge Bacterial Vaginosis
- Would Genital Herpes Hurt On The Vagina
- Why Can't You Have Sex After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- What Type Of Doctor Specializes In The Treatment Of Herpes?
- What Happens When Bacterial Vaginosis Goes Untreated?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.