re: another job for dr. dave

hey doc,

ok, now i'm a little worried. because my new-found EBV and CMV were creating some relief that all my mono-like symptoms were spoken for.

you asked do others see the difference in my body shape change - doc, the ansewer is an unequivocal YES. (marlon wayans is one of the wayans comedy brothers. he's a wirey little stick).

my hdl level came back low, contrasting with everything else in my cbc being an optimal level. from what i hear, hdl is low in hiv patients.

could it be that im not out of the woods yet? could i have been tripley infected with EBV, CMV, and HIV all at once, and somehow the bombardment of all three hindered my body's ability to mount an immune response, and therefore im not showing hiv antibodies?

by the by, i did use (or abuse) suppliments for a good 4 years (never steroids or anything anabolic) while lifting, and this drink contained high levels of aspertame - said to sometimes compromise the immune system. "AHA!" thinks you? maybe. maybe im loaded with toxins, and thats whats doing this. or maybe the toxins set it up and the EBV and CMV knocked me down for a few months, as they took advantage of a tired immune system. does this make any sense? would you be concerned with this drop in hdl? should i get my testosterone checked out in the meantime?

brother, i know you want me to chill, but believe me, something is up. my body shreaded down to twizzler size a few weeks after a risky exposure (among other seemingly viral related symptoms) - thats for sure. i know you guys like to be cool and collected about these emails, but if this happened to you, and you assessed that your risk was high, how would you be handling this?

please, continue helping me get to the bottom of this. i really trust your opinion.

thanks for listening (even if you decide not to answer this one).

Hi-

I am not sure what it is that is causing you to lose weight and body mass. I am pretty sure from what you said that it is not HIV as your HIV tests were negative. It also seems really unlikely that EBV or CMV are playing a role.

Low HDL? You and about three quarters of Americans.

As I said, the possibilities are that you have worried yourself into this state (the mind-body connection should not be taken lightly) or you have something else. A competent clinician should be able to decide which of these is the case.

Good luck- DW

I dont understand this?
Follow up: 908 Study