CD4 or CD4

Dear Ben - my 1st set of labs are as follows;

CD4 - 331 CD4 36 WBC - 2500 Lymphocyte - 37

I am not sure how to interpret these results in terms of what they say about the strength of my immune system. A CD4 of 36 seems very good whilst an absolute CD4 of 330 work indicate I need to start on meds. Clearly the low CD4 is a function of the low WBC - what is the significance of this? Please let me know what you would advise a patient with these labs

Many Thanks

The way that I'd interpret these labs is that your CD4 percentage is most indicative of your overall state of immune function-- the relatively lower CD4 absolute, as you point out, is a reflection of having a lower WBC count. I'd probably just watch closely and repeat another CD4 evaluation in a month or two. -BY

Why start meds with Low Viral Load
Therapy