Aug 28, 2002
I am aware that herpes can cause numbers to fluctuate whether or not you are on therapy, and normally these are transient and the number should settle once the infection is resolved.However, in the case of a person not on meds can a mild herpes outbreak cause a change in numbers that resets permenantly(disease progression) This is the case of someone with a high cd4 count.Thank you.
Response from Dr. Young
Probably not. Having herpes is very common, and not associated with irreversible damage to the immune system-- particularly if you're not on HIV meds and have a high CD4 cell count. -BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Testing Ever Be Wrong?
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
- Anal Sex Pcr DNA 17 Weeks And ELISA
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.