resuming previous successful regimen

When one undertakes a monitored treatment interruption, is it okay to resume with the same triple combination that was previously stopped if the interruption began after along time of continued undetectabilty(<50 scale).I want to know that I will be able to resume this regimen as I don't have problems with two of the three drugs and that's alot more than I can say for past experience.Also is there ever a good time to run a resistance test during an interruption or is the chance of inaccurracies due to wild type remergance make them unreliable.Thank you

Yes, so long as your viral load was undetectable at time of treatment interruption, it should be safe to resume the same regimen at a later point.

As for running a resistance test, there is no clear data on the utility of testing during a interruption of this sort, since it is likely that wild type virus will be the viral variants that grow out in the absence of drugs (that is to say, that even if there was resistant virus, that the testing would be unlikely to detect it). Some have suggested, though without proof to my knowledge, that testing in the second- or third week of therapy (while there is still a detectable viral load) might assist in looking for resistance. Typically, I don't retest in this period. -BY

is cd8 affeted???
Quality vs. Quantity of Life