is cd8 affeted???
Aug 25, 2002
When someone experiences detectable virus while on therapy,very low that could qualify as a blip <100, would the cd8 be affected,ie higher or lower if it it true resistance developing vs a true blip?The cd4 is stable.Thank you
Response from Dr. Young
I am not aware of any data that correlates CD8 counts with the nature of blips. One might reasonably expect that with viral activation, that CD8 levels could increase, but I am unaware about differences between true blips and markers of true resistance. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dried Blood Hiv Transmission Risk
- Can You Increase Cd4 Count With Nutritional Supplements?
- What Happens To Your Immune System When You Get Hiv?
- Are Swelling Of The Feet And Ankles Symptoms Of Neuropathy?
- When Did Testing Start For Hepatitis C?
- What Do The Bodies Of Men With Hypogonadism Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.