Latent resouviours

Please don't laugh at this one but it is a very real problem for me.Is it possible that the thyroid can be one of these resouvoirs.I have had a goiter for the last year,(asymetrical)and have had repeated thyroid tests run etc. and it's fuctioning perfectly from a lab standpoint.The only thing that was abnormal was an uptake that showed it's iodine consumption was pretty excessive.Since my vl is sequestered from a blood standpoint and the cd4 count is very high as always, could whatever virus was around retreated to my thyroid causing it to swell? I also have swollen salivary on that side right above it.It is not painful but it very uncomfortable as I have a constant "full swollen feeling" on that whole side of my neck and it is also very visible. Is there any chance that the hiv meds themselves cause this.This was never an issue prior to meds even while I was treatment naive and just watching and waiting.I also initiated treatment at a cd4 count far higher than todays recommendations, so I don't think this would be considered a relation to immune reconstitution.Besides I've been on meds 6 years and this has only been happening for the last year.Thank you

Thanks for the question.

I'm not aware of any significant relationship between HIV infection and thyroid disfunction. While it's possible that there are a few HIV infected cells in your thyroid, I don;t think that there's a role for this in the formation of a goiter. -BY

is this a blip
why the change?