ENZYMES LIKE LYSIN FOR HIV INFECTION
Aug 22, 2002
Hi Doctors, I recently read over a report on how the enzyme lysin I believe was tested in laboratories successfully against anthrax spores and other bacterias. My question is, are there enzymes such as lysin in lab trials right now studying the effectiveness against HIV?
Thanks for all your support.
Response from Dr. Young
No studies on HIV, since the enzyme lysin is very specific for certain bacterial cell walls (like that found in Bacillus anthracis- anthrax). -BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.