thanks dr. david

Dear Dr. David,

thank u so much for answering my question on the holistic and herbal based therapies. i know that on some level it was probably a sacrifice for you to have commented on it. or maybe it wasn't, and i'm playing into the whole dr./drug company theme too much. in any case, thanks.

by the way, with regard to herbal therapies that work for some, would you say that most of the time, this is a placebo effect?

No sweat.

As I said, I feel modern white coat medicine does not have a monopoly on valuable therapies for HIV. Many people are regularly benefiting from alternatives to allopathic medicine and are finding that there are effective approaches to disease their doctors may not know about.

I do not think we are talking about placebo effect here. Many of these therapies are genuine but have not been well studied. Just as with a recommended antiretroviral regimen, the best we can do is learn as much as we can about these treatments, and make an informed decision regarding whether we should try them.

Consulting someone who knows something about complimentary and alternative therapies can be very helpful. Just please beware of promises that seem too good to be true and therapies that cost an arm and a leg. - DW

ferrovir - what is this?
can you still be treated with aids?