Thank-you...

Ben, Ten months ago I was trapped on a downward emotional spiral; viral load uncountable and cd4 under 200 (not so few as to give them all names but certainly not enough to keep OI's at bay)when I stumbled on thebody.com and the information you shared so gracefully. Having carried six friends coffins I was scared, alone and without hope. Then I asked for help with understanding my options and you were the light that illuminated the path I am now on...viral load undetectable and cd4's over 400!!! I attribute the grace with which you answered my query regarding starting treatment as the inspirational spark that has allowed me to teach my neices how to swim the butterfly, to share with my nephew the dangers of a cocaine addiction and to laugh while counting shooting stars. Not discounting all of the hard work my good Dr. Julio Montaner and I have sweated over but I felt it was time to stop all of this incredible journey for just a moment and thank-you for the dignity and respect you afforded an unnamed voice from cyber-space. Thank-you. And may your nights fill you with awe and your days be wonder filled. Ted

Dear Ted,

Thank you for your kind words. The written words in this forum can't do justice to just how much it means to me that you've done so well.

Indeed, the knowledge that what we do positively impacts people is the best possible payback for what we do (both at TheBody and in the clinic). Yes, it's not all about taking medications or worrying about side effects, but life and moreover, living life to it's fullest that is the goal of medical therapies.

Keep up the hard work, thanks again, Ben

INtergrase Inhibitor Drug Trial
re:viral load going in wrong direction