Need general advice

Good day Dr. Young. Thanks for making yourself available its indeed a noble vertue. I am a 33 hiv positive male who lives in guyana. An undeveloped country that is equiped to fight hiv/aids. I am curreltly using zinc25mg,vit c 500mg, selenium 50mcg, vit e400 i.u., flax seed 100mg and 1 tsp coconut oil daily. i was tested positive 2yrs 5mths. I feel great and look ok. I've been underweight almost all my life so i really can't say how my weight is doing but it's somewhat stable. I am 5'4" at 110 lbs. i guess that is underweight. What advice can you give me on suplimentals and on anything that i can use that is not toxic nor have sife effects to improve my immunity and general health that has worked with other people? Drugs are not an option for me my country cannot mannage it, so i am not prepared to use it. Thank u so much if for some reason you feel another Dr. may have more insight i will be happy if you can pass it on. I don't mind i can get answers form all the doctors if possible. thank you so much. A pleasant day to you. thanks again

Thanks for your question.

It's good to know that our forum reaches persons outside of the USA. I have a particular interest in assuring that we have the best care for persons across the world, but particularly in the Americas.

I'm not much of the expert on supplements, indeed, can be viewed as a skeptic-- there really have been very few data that support the immunological benefit on vitamin supplements. Indeed, the money spent on supplements might be sufficient to get better laboratory monitoring, and perhaps, even find a way to import medications from elsewhere (let me know if there is a way that I might be able to help on this point). There are inexpensive ways to monitor persons with HIV, and also, generic medications are just down the road from you in Brazil-- perhaps these might be an option.

Stay in touch, -BY

help with regimen
INtergrase Inhibitor Drug Trial