Jul 21, 2002
i have been hiv+ for 3 years.Ijodded neosporin to asore on my hand touching it.My son age 13 used it on his knee.This was 8 months ago.He had blood test and his white count is a little low about 33000.They will check it again in 3weeks.Could hiv be transmitted this way.Thanks Worried.
| Response from Dr. Young
I'd think that the risk of HIV transmission from this route would be extrememly low, unless there was an awfully large amount of blood on the neosporin and if it were used on your son shortly (within a day or two) of your use. -BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Sterility?
- Does Ciprofloxacin Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.