Jul 21, 2002
i have been hiv+ for 3 years.Ijodded neosporin to asore on my hand touching it.My son age 13 used it on his knee.This was 8 months ago.He had blood test and his white count is a little low about 33000.They will check it again in 3weeks.Could hiv be transmitted this way.Thanks Worried.
| Response from Dr. Young
I'd think that the risk of HIV transmission from this route would be extrememly low, unless there was an awfully large amount of blood on the neosporin and if it were used on your son shortly (within a day or two) of your use. -BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Is A Bacterial Infection An Std?
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- Testing For Chlamydia Otc
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.