The extremely rare cases???

Dear Dr. Young,

In this site, From Dr.Dezube saying, "Basically, if you test negative at 6 months, then you are HIV-negative. The only way for you to become positive, as far as I know, is to be exposed to the HIV virus once again. So relax, and continue to practice safe sex."

But CDC said "It would be extremely rare to take longer than 6 month" I feel that there are some cases to take longer than 6 months.

A Korean Doctor said that one case from Africa to take 2 years from a AIDS magazine and he was not sure maybe if someone to take over 2 years later.

Do you mean 100 is at 6 months? But CDC and the other expert said 99.9 is at 6 months. (including technical or human errors) But Dr.Dezube saying it is impossible to take over 6 months. I am soooooooo confused. I want to get the clear answer from these.

Thanks PS) hopefully expecting your quick answer.

Absolute statements are usually pretty difficult to back up. I generally agree with Dr. Dezube's statement that if you're negative at six months and have had no other possible exposures, then you're extremely unlikely to subsequently test positive.

Yes, there are very, very unusual cases where seroconversion is reported after six months, but there are often mitigating circumstances (laboratory or human errors).

I don't think that there is need for confusion, just a real understanding of the limitations of laboratory testing for a medical condition. -BY

OUT OF STATE-TEST
Cd4 increase without meds???