lipid cofactors

I saw todays report about the relationship of hyperlipidema to lipodystrophy. I had a feeling this was behind my lipo anyway.as soon as those numbers rose the accumulation started.So how come if you discontinue meds(if you can)the cholesteral is supposed to drop but yet the fat is said to remain? Any thoughts?Also do you thing any lipo insights will be unveiled at this years conference?Thank you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The body shape changes, if they do change back take a long time. They seem to be related to the death of fat cells under the skin and the enlargement of fat cells in the abdomen. Those may actually shrink if insulin resistance is treated, however the loss of fat cells under the skin, generally does not return. DTD

Flea Bites?
OUT OF STATE-TEST