Flea Bites?

Recently diagnosed HIV+. On meds. My home is infested with fleas and I am being bitten constantly from knees to feet. We've tried everything to rid our home of these pests without success. Should I worry about the effect of bites on my already weakened immune system?

There's no known excessive ill effects of fleas on persons with HIV infection. This statement is probably especially true, given that your on medications.

I'd certainly advise you to do whatever you can to rid the home of the fleas, if for no other reason than comfort. We used to live in Southern California, where the problem was quite severe-- a periodic fumigation of the home seemed to help.

Also, since flea bites can be very itchy, I'd caution you from scratching (easily said), since this could put you at some risk of secondary skin infections.

Good luck. -BY

How long? Durability
lipid cofactors