Jun 27, 2002
I have been told I have hepitis c.I dont feel bad,I feel good,I am not yellow,nor is my urine.I would like to know what is hepitis c? and how you get it?.and can you recover from it?what treatment will I be doing?thanks alot.Bob J.
Response from Dr. Pavia
Hepatitis C is a form of viral hepatitis that affects several million Americans and is particularly common among persons living with HIV. This is not the place to go into a long discussion. It is a chronic disease, and deciding whether someone needs treatment and when is a complicated process.
There is a forum on HIV and opportunistic infections here on The Body where many similar questions have been posted. There is alos an excellent website that has a lot of information for patients and providers on HIV and hepatitis C at www.natap.org www.natap.org
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.