Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

spare tire
Jun 26, 2002

When it comes to lipo,my only concern is lower mid section gain,it wraps all the way aound my body and since I can pinch it I don't believe that too much of it is visceral.It all relates to my pi usage as I keep strict records of measurements weight body fat percentage etc.So,I have decided to undergo painful costly lipo(this is a absolute last resort and I'm not thrilled about the prospect,but I also can't continue the way I am)so since the fat is likely to return with continued pi use(and I already have a nnrti in my reg so contructing one without a pi is difficult are any of the pi's less problematic than others or are they all "mid section inflators"?Thanks

Response from Dr. Boyle

Unfortunately, we don't have clear information on which PIs are less likely to cause lipodystrophy so it is not possible to make a recommendation in that regard.

Previous
how far away??
Next
Details on the ELISA test antigens

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.