buffalo hump

I'm concerned about buffalo hump. Is there any place on the web that shows pictures? I'm female,hiv+ and on antivirals for awhile. I don't have a pad of fat being my neck,instead it's on the sides where the shoulders met the neck. IT looks like when body builders are posing(I'm neither).Could this be a result of poor posture?If I try to stand straight against a wall my spine WILL not be flat.Also,what clinical values (if any) will indicate active or the beginnings of physical lipo?Thank you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

This does not sound like a buffalo hump. You may have scoliosis or some other issue. You might see your internist and ask for xrays of your spine and shoulder blades and be checked for scoliosis. Now of course anything is possible and this may be an atypical form of a hump, but you did not mention if you are taking HIV medications. Good luck! DTD

Alternate therapy for HIV/AIDS
mutations