viread resistance

This is a hypothetical, if you develop resistance to viread does it wipe the rest of the nukes if you didn't have any resistance to them(except 3tc)I haven't seen anything published and I currently take viread(not very long)but I really want to pursue an interuption(thank you Dr. Boyle for your earlier input!!!)I guess the reason I'm asking is because when I inevitably have to restart a reg I think I would go with the viread again.I know I was undetectable when I exchanged videx for it.I'm just so tired of the unresolved side effects,I'm supposed to be living life to the fullest,but that once true reality is just a distant memory.

Response from Dr. Boyle

The studies looking at Viread (tenofovir) resistance show that the primary mutation (K65R) does not develop very often in patients on Viread (about 2%). This mutation will also cause some resistance to some other nucleosides, including Ziagen (abacavir) and Videx (didanosine). Other mutations may also affect Viread (e.g., nucleoside associated mutations, especially 210 and 41), but these do not appear to develop in patients on Viread. Finally, M184V increases the viral sensitivity to Viread; however, clinical studies presented to date have yet to show that this results in increased clinical benefit.

7/7
Viramune/Ziagen Rash