Effectiveness of HAART?

Dr. Young, In a recent response, you stated that HAART is a "combination therapy that has been shown to reduce the rate of death and complications." A friend of mine who refuses to take any AIDS medications does not believe this. Could you lead me to the studies which show that people who take HAART survive longer than people who don't take medications. I would like to show my friend the studies. Thanks

There are many studies that illustrate the point-- perhaps the first and most dramatic was presented by Palella- first published in the New England Journal of Medicine in 1998; later presentations of the data can be found at the 2001 Conferences on Retroviruses (www.retroconference.org-- I'd search the later for abstracts by Palella, F.).

Good luck. BY

Can we make him get help?
glucose intolerance