anal warts

dear doc.i went to a proctolagist for a growth i had on my anus.he told me it was a anal wart and sugested surgery.after discussing it with my hiv doc he said surgery would be fine.i have been on sustiva and combivir sence jan 14th about the time i noticed this growth now i have noticed it seems to be disapearing.i think i read somewhere that when your imune system starts regenarating that it somtimes takes care of these all on its owne.am i mistaken or did i read this and could that be whats happining.i am sure it is going away on its own.and if so what shuld i do now.should i still have surgery? thanks

You are correct in the statement that immune reconstitution sometimes causes reversal of HIV-related complications. This could explain the shrinking of your anal wart.

There is no clear correct or incorrect way to proceed with your care-- you could take the approach of watching and waiting (the worst that would happen is that you'd have surgery later). However, if the lesion is bothersome (even now, after shrinking), then it would seem to me that surgery would be reasonable, and generally very well tolerated. I'd advise you to talk you you HIV care provider (and your surgeon) about these options. BY

High viral load but not yet on meds
Terrified Of Side Effects!