May 30, 2002
Have you come close to finding a cure?
| Response from Dr. Boyle
In some ways close, in others not so close. Antiretrovirals are getting better and better at controlling HIV. They are also becoming easier to take and less toxic. So, for many patients willing and able to take antiretroviral medications religiously these may amount to a cure, or at the very least an excellent control of HIV that may lead to their having a normal lifespan. As far as an outright cure, that is probably a long way off, years and years.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Red Eyes An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.