time frame

When stopping sustiva for a treatment interuption, is there a "safest" way to do it?I've heard stop it anywhere from 24 hours before the other two up to a week.I've asked my doctor, my pharmacists etc and gotten different responses. Also, if going from sustiva to viramune(undectable at the time as always) could you wait 24 hours before starting the lead in on the viramune to minimize rash?

When my patients discontinue efavirenz-containing regimens, I typically recommend stopping the efavirenz first, a day before the other medications.

As for switching from efavirenz to nevirapine; I'd want to start the nevirapine on the same day as the efavirenz was discontinued. This way there is always full doses of all medications on board simulatanously. BY

sustiva
advanced hiv