Please Doctor I have tried 3 times to get an answer

I know this might not be the right forum but you are a doctor and I need some clarafication. It would give me great peace of mind if u would

Here is my story again. I developed Hives 10 days after having unprotected sex. The next day I developed swollen glands. I went to say both my dermatologist and regular doctor who could not explain the causes of my hives. The blood test came back negative for viral infections and the glands went down 4-5 days later. Although the hives are 90 gone but despite taking Zrtec they keep coming back but in very small but miminal fashion.

1) Are hives indicative sof the viral Hiv syndrome 2) does the fact my hives persist a bad sign, as one website stated. 3) does the fact i had no fever or sore throat a good sign 4) I have also developed orange type dirrhea in the last 9 days. It is not listed as a side effect of Zrtec, so as a result I am terrified it might be HIV.

I know testing in 3 month is the best way but have you ever heard through collegues, doctors or research of Hives of being indicative of HIV.

I would really really really like if you simply answer my question it would give me peace of mind.

Thank you

Response from Dr. Cohen

You are right - this is not the forum where we focus on testing issues - we have one that does and support anyone who has similar questions - any questions - to use that one for these concerns.

My short answer is that this does not sound like HIV infection at all but agree that a repeat test at 90 days is the definite answer, and a viral load test done anytime at this point is also helpful.

BUT PLEASE to you and all readers -- we get many questions on exposure concerns and want to address them all -- and do address them -- on the safe sex forum here. Let's save this one for treatment issues, OK?

lipo-p.i. vs. nuke
Your opinion