understanding hvc viral loads
May 15, 2002
what should my concerns be for a viral load test of 10,700,000 copies/ml ? and what kind of treatment do you recommend ?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
HCV viral loads, unlike HIV viral loads are not correlated with prognosis. Viral loads over 2 million copies are considered high and respond less well to treatment, but the progression of disease is not related to the viral load. What really matters is the biopsy and that is what predicts prognosis. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is It Possible To Get AIDS From Sucking Penis?
- Does HIV Cause Sore Throat?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.