|treat or not
Apr 26, 2002
If somone has a v.l of 40000 withcd4's of 800 has been infected for 10 years and asymptomatic would treatment be neccesary?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question.
Currrent guidelines and clinical opinion do not recommend starting therapy in persons with CD4 counts as high as yours. This does not imply that there might not be some benefits to therapy, but that the consideration to start needs to understand the complicated balance between the benefits and risks of therapy. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vomiting After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Indocin And Human Immunodeficiency Virus Meds
- Abnormal Cells In A Pap Test.
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.