zinc-could this be the wonder drug?

Hi doc.maybe we are going too far looking for the solution to aids treatment.look at the effects of zinc deplation in the body then compare with aids symptoms.now give the patient zinc and guess what can happen.maybe the solution is here.will the big drug companies agree?commend.Jos

I don't think that we've gone far enough in our research for HIV therapies.

Data on zinc has not been convincing for the treatment of the common cold, never mind HIV. A recent analysis published in the Annals of Internal Medicine looked at several studies using a variety of doses of zinc for colds and showed no demonstrable benefit.

There are many that promote the idea that zinc supplements might help the common cold, I've personally not heard such claims for the treatment of HIV, though I can personally say that in the past my patients had tried it without significant benefit.

I don't suscribe to the conspiracy theory that the "big drug companies" are not looking for simple treatments-- if such were to be had, we would have seen treatment successes before the advent of antiretroviral combination therapy in the mid 1990's. BY

fat, lipo or combo
Comparing genes?