Risk

Dr. Young,

I have written you many times in the past, but want your opinion...My partner is HIV+ and treatment naive to date (VL 47K CD4 640), while I am HIV- I tested indeterminate two months ago, and the likelihood I would be positive was quite high. We had unprotected sex numerous times with me receiving but mostly as incertive. I recently retested because emotionally I was not ready for the results before and it came back negative. I would estimate we have had unprotected sex over 100 times in the past year, but each time there was never any semen internally. Why am I not positive? Should I trust my result? Part of me suffers guilt from my status but I am taking this as a second chance, and vow to never have unprotected sex again with my partner. Please help me with this question it is burning in my mind

Thank you for your questions and comments.

I can't say with certainty why you have not seroconverted, and would call your case a lucky one. We do know that the risk of any single coital (sexual) event is not huge, so it may just be the roll of the dice, so to speak.

I'd think that the results are reliable, though would definately recommend follow up testing and, more importantly, urge you to use condoms with intercourse. Second chances like this come rarely.

With best wishes, BY

Antibiotics
fat, lipo or combo