Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

now what?
Mar 29, 2002

hi doc.my inital vl was 704.000 and initial cd4's 240 after 6 weeks on sustiva and combivir my vl is 950 and cd4's 540 havent missed one pill.what should i expect on my next labs and isnt this an unusual increase for cd4's i thought they were only expected to go up one to tw0 hundred.

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for the question. It is nice to hear back from you.

Sounds like you've had an excellent viral load response; you CD4 count increase is large, though I'd be interested to know if the CD4% increased in similar magnitude.

As for the next tests, I'd key into seeing if the VL decreases further; I might not expect (at least initially) for another 100 CD4 cells (though you might see increases in CD4% or decrease in CD8%).

Keep up the excellent adherence work, best wishes. BY

Previous
Why take d4T?
Next
vload over 750,000

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.