Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

now what?

hi doc.my inital vl was 704.000 and initial cd4's 240 after 6 weeks on sustiva and combivir my vl is 950 and cd4's 540 havent missed one pill.what should i expect on my next labs and isnt this an unusual increase for cd4's i thought they were only expected to go up one to tw0 hundred.

Thanks for the question. It is nice to hear back from you.

Sounds like you've had an excellent viral load response; you CD4 count increase is large, though I'd be interested to know if the CD4% increased in similar magnitude.

As for the next tests, I'd key into seeing if the VL decreases further; I might not expect (at least initially) for another 100 CD4 cells (though you might see increases in CD4% or decrease in CD8%).

Keep up the excellent adherence work, best wishes. BY

Why take d4T?
vload over 750,000