Videx/Epivir okay?

Hello, I'm taking Sustiva, Videx and Epivir and seem to be tolerating and responding to these drugs well. But I just read that Videx and Epivir should not be combined, that for some reason resistance develops more quickly with this combo. Do you have any knowledge of this? I plan to ask my doctor too, but I'd like to get as many opinions as possible. Thank you!

Response from Dr. Boyle

There is no evidence that the combination of Videx (didanosine) and Epivir (lamivudine) leads to the development of resistance more rapidly, although both have their effectiveness decreased by the M184V (Videx a little, Epivir a lot). If you have a viral load less than 50, and you take the medications religiously, you are unlikely to have a problem with resistance for some time.

Intensify With No Viral Load?
NEW COMBO