sti for short period only.

Doctor; I was planning a trip to oversea next year,and with time difference could you have a STI for 3 week period while away and return to medications as soon as you return.I have been 100 complient.Have remain undectable since Aug 2000,my highest VL 26000 that was during a shingles outbreak at diagnosis.My lowest CD4 234 currently 300.I currently completeling chemotherapy for NHL with was diagnosised within months of the HIV.Providing my numbers where good would that be possible just to travel.Thank you.

Response from Dr. Boyle

The treatment interruption you mention is not the greatest idea but it is preferential to your going away and missing medications due to the schedule/time change. You should discuss this with your doctor. Based upon your current and nadir CD4 count (both being >200), it is likely to be safe, but you may experience a significant viral rebound during the 3 weeks off therapy that may spell trouble when you restart so I am somewhat hesitant to heartily recommend it.

Total and indirect bilirubin high, change treatment?
Sustiva for Viramune?