dosing of AZT
Mar 17, 2002
The pediatric guideline for AZT dosing says 160mg per meter square every 8 hours. Then is says the range can be 90 to 180 mg? We are using 240 mg per meter square twice daily as recommended by Dr. Katherine from the children and pregnancy forum which seems to be not functioning since Jan 31.
Thank you ahead, AO
P.S. What has happenned to the children and pregnancy forum?
Response from Dr. Young
I would think that dosing at 7.0 ml should be close enough. These small differences are difficult to implement in the real world, and seems like the dose is within acceptable ranges.
Most of all, if your child's viral load has responded well, this tells us that whatever dose you are giving is likely ok. Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.