Mar 17, 2002
I've been thinking of starting medications here soon...although I'm really interested some of the new clinical trials availible. ( I particularly like the ideas presented at the NY Aaron Diamond Center ).
Any particular suggestions? I mean, I was expecting slightly lower viral load counts since I've only been infected for 3 monthes.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question.
There are tests to determine if you have actue infection-- usually we rely on a negative or indeterminate ELISA and a positive viral RNA PCR. An alternative is the detuned ELISA- available in research centers.
I'd advise you to contact you local university or ACTU to see if you'd qualify for clnical trials for actue seroconverters.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.