Mar 16, 2002
MERCK and CO have annouced that next year they are staring PHASE I trials of a new drug that blocked the integrase enzyme. What is this drug called and what is the profile regarding resistance?
Response from Dr. Young
We know little about the resistance profile of integrase inhibitors, though one could speculate that resistance will emerge if the medication is given in suboptimal combinations.
Look for Phase I data from the Merck group, as well as another integrase inhibitor from a Japanese-GSK consortium in the months to come. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Fingering Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.