CD4 up CD4 down and the flu?

I recently tested poz, and I have only had two rounds of bloodwork done.

8/15/01 9,100 VL 618 CD4 10/01/01 112,000 VL 414 CD4

As anyone can see, this is quite a substantial drop in the CD4, and more than an eleven fold increase in VL, yet my doc still does not want to start meds.

3 days after the blood was taken, I came down with the mother of all sinus infections and successfully and quickly beat it back with antiobiotics.

I have posted this question before, but did not yet have the results of the VL...only CD4.

Could the sinus infection/flu have caused the jump in VL and loss of CD4?

What else could explain (if anything) such drastic changes in two months?

All that I have read indicates that I should be on meds. In your opinion, should I?

It would be very reasonable to expect that a serious sinus infection could cause changes in CD4 count and viral load. Other stimulants of the immune system can do the same- viral infections (flu, herpes) or vaccinations can also do the same.

In general, I ask my patients not to come in for lab work unless they've been healthy (no colds, flus, cold sores) for 1-2 weeks. I'd be looking to repeat your labs once you've been symptom free for a couple of weeks. BY

Nevirapine Combivir vs. PI combo
OK Guy