AZT/3TC for PEP -- ENT side-effects?

I've just completed my first week of PEP -- lamivudine and zidovudine. I've had a persistent slight cough, sore throat on waking up, and partially blocked nose all week. Could these be drug related? My medication, Duovir, from the Indian company Cipla, says that side effects observed include "headache, malaise and fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, anorexia, fever/chills, neuropathy, insomnia, dizziness, nasal signs and synptoms, cough, musculoskeletal pain and neutropenia." I also had a sore throat and feverish feeling the day BEFORE exposure; could the cough etc this week simply be a "hangover" of that (and can the medication exacerbate the symptoms)? Thanks for your help!

Doesn't sound to me that the symptoms that you have are related to PEP-- particularly since they may have started before you started on ZDV/3TC.

You have given a good list of possible symptoms of this regimen, but it may just be that you've developed a mild upper respiratory tract infection.

Good to hear that our work reaches India... best luck, BY

moles
how long does she have?