HBV and HIV testing
Mar 14, 2002
can the hbv vaccine cause an aids test to be +ve or indeterminat??? or should one go for a retest??
Response from Dr. Young
As far as I know (and I ain't no immunologist), having the HBV vaccination should not cause a HIV test (ELISA with Western Blot) to be positive. It is possible that there could be immune cross reactivity to the extent that a test could be indeterminate, but I'd think that this is unlikely.
In the end analysis, I'd have a repeat HIV test, perhaps with a HIV viral load, just to be sure.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.