Mar 13, 2002
You've answered many questions, many thanks. This question is regarding your current patient who has made a full recovery from pml and returned to full time work, would you expect a good prognosis for him/her over next few years or even many, provided they take and adhere to current meds. I understand its a difficult question to answer but your answer would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
| Response from Dr. Young
Good to hear from you again.
My patient continues to do very well, and is entirely asymptomatic. He works full time, has gained back all of his weight (and then some). His CD4 count, once 25, is now about 275 (18 months later).
I think that he has an excellent long-term prognosis.
Keep up the good work, and best wishes. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.