what am I? asymptomatic?

my doc thinks i have been infected for 8 to 10 years do to my numbers.vl 704.000 cd4 240.he says im at the stage where they start to see complications.and has sence started me on sustiva and combivir.i got really sick about a year before being diagnosed my reg doc didnt know what was wrong with me.i suggested we test for mono and he said it came back pos.i was sick for about 5 weeks.other then that havent been sick with anything that i know of except the yearly flu.so my qouestion is am i asymtomatic,symtomatic,or do i have aids? thanks

Thanks for your questions. Seems to me that you could have easily have had acute HIV infection when you were thought to have mononucleosis (but we'll never be sure).

With a CD4 count of 240, you don't have AIDS (unless your CD4 percentage is below 15%). If you only have occasional colds and flus, then I'd call you asymptomatic. Nevertheless, with that CD4 count and a very high viral load, it might be time to start HIV therapies in the near future. BY

is it to late
pml prognosis